This week wasn’t quite as full of adventure as last week, but here are some fun things we saw/read/are looking forward to.
– On Friday last we spontaneously bought tickets to see Matchbox Twenty at their show at Mohegan Sun and it was absolutely awesome. Matchbox has been one of my favorite bands for a long long time and the concert was a wonderful blend of new and old music. Also, because we were buying whatever seats had been held aside or whatever it is they do there, we had incredible seats despite buying last minute.
– Last weekend we went to see Jack The Giant Slayer in theaters and I have to say it was a really fun movie. A little cheesy, and the animation in the opening was a bit terrible, but overall a fun fantasy flick with good acting, nice use of a classic story and some good dialogue.
– Despite my blog post earlier this week about tackling the business books I own before obtaining another, I borrowed a new business book today. It called to me and I really think that it might inspire me to keep moving. Next month I will be picking one from “the pile”, but for this month it’s The Icarus Deception by Seth Godin. I’ll keep you posted on how I like or dislike it.
– We recently bought our tickets to The Steampunk World’s Fair and I’m getting really excited about it. This will be our third year going (and the third year of the fair), and we always have a blast. This year is fixing to be even bigger and better than last year, I just hope I have enough time to put together a new outfit 🙂 . If you are in the Northeast and interested even remotely in Steampunk, I highly suggest checking the fair out!
– If for some reason you haven’t seen it yet, take an adventure over to the Veronica Mars Movie Kickstarter. They’ve already made their goal and I’m super excited to see this movie. I loved the show and can’t wait to see what they do with a movie. Also, they little video they made is hilarious.
What were your adventures this week? Have any of you read The Icarus Deception?