Happy Thursday! Is anyone else surprised that it’s August already? I feel like July went super super quick. I also feel like I got a lot done, although I still have a lot left to get done in my craft fair preparation. Let’s take a look:
July’s FOCUS was New Products
– Order supplies for new keychains and pendants
new keychains and pendants — Made some new keychains and started working on images for pendants, still awaiting more supplies for more keychains.
– Decide on new prints to get together/have printed, buy more mattes for them
– Decide on framed prints, change out from what is already framed if necessary
– Have new greeting cards printed, focus on Sammy & Friends — These came out beautifully and I can’t wait to launch them at the Milford Oyster Festival! – Research new locations to print cards, see about selling sets of 8 and 16 — prices were about the same, sticking to single cards for now – Think about Printing new mini moo cards to fair so that I don’t use all of my regular business cards — Decided to do this and printed our QR code on one side too – they look amazing! – List new bookmarks that I photographed last month — Well, I listed two of them, anyway. More to come! – Finish craft fair prep from last month: ie new display ideas and such — I did so much craft fair prep I can’t even tell you. I bought a slew of new displays, created awesome new packaging for keychains and pendants, ordered supplies to make more things, started making more things, sorted through everything and put it all in one place. … and yet I’M STILL NOT DONE! … I’m getting there though! – Make more of popular bookmarks — printed and waiting to be laminated.
I would also like to
– fully catch up on Project Life — technically I caught up on Project Life, but now I’m behind again.
– have new banner made for craft fair — researched this, chose size but haven’t yet had it made. Will do this weekend I think.
– work with June business book of the month (Craft Inc. Business Planner)———————————————————–
It’s good to know that I actually did cross as many things off that list as I thought I did. July was incredibly productive, and I still had room for birthday adventures and fun as well. I started a self prompted 30 days of lists too, which as been fun (more of that coming this weekend!).
Oh! and my neurotic self made a super involved Excel spreadsheet with a list of all the craft fairs I’m interested in, their dates and their prices so that I can apply to more fairs for next year! It’s organized by season. I also applied to a second craft fair for this year, but applied really close to deadline so I’m not sure if I got in yet. Hoping to hear from them soon. Being in the middle of craft fair preparation makes me happy. A little stressed out, but happy.
August was supposed to be focused on custompeach and custom work. However, with the Milford Oyster Festival around the corner and more still to do I’m extending my Craft Fair Prep Focus.
– Finish making new pendants / keychains
– sort through prints and decide on making more and which ones
– also order more mats for prints
– laminate new/old bookmarks
– have banner made
– Re-type checklist and pack everything up so that it’s neat and findable.
– Test out Square and set up with categories and prices
– Test out new tent, make sure we know how to set it up
– Make camping packing list and find everything we need
It doesn’t look like much, but it will totally keep me busy this month! Not to mention we have a few family gatherings, the Oyster fest itself and a camping trip planned.
How did you do on your July Goals? Are you ready for August? Read up on the Meetup here, and post the link to your goals blog in the comments!